PRINCIPAL / CEO
Jagdish Kulkarni was born and brought up in Bombay, India. He completed his M.D. degree from Bombay University in 1973.
He came to the United States in 1974. He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He completed his training at Yale University and affiliated hospitals where he also worked as a member of the faculty.
After practicing medicine in Connecticut and Indiana from 1974 to 1995, Jagdish went on to pursue a number of entrepreneurial endeavors:
- He singularly founded, owned, and operated four child/adolescent psychiatric hospitals in Indiana, with a total capacity of 350 beds and 300 employees until 2003, when he successfully sold the company to GE Capital.
- In 1998 also Jagdish founded and operated a temporary nursing agency that employed over 500 nurses, which he successfully sold in 2005.
- In 2000 he co-founded an environmental company, SESCO, which remediates oil, asbestos, zinc, etc. in Indiana and other states. He currently serves as President on the Board of Directors. SESCO is currently the 5th largest environmental remediation company in Indiana, and has 75 employees.
- In 2003 he went on to co-found the Strand Analytical Laboratory (SAL), a DNA laboratory that tests for paternity and performs forensic DNA analysis on samples across the United States. In 2010 the company also stepped into the field of prostate and breast cancer DNA analysis. Jagdish currently serves on the company’s Board of Directors.
- In 2005 Jagdish delved into the commercial real estate development (Kulkarni Properties) and construction arena (Solica Inc.) in joint ownership with his two sons. The companies develop and construct commercial properties in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Florida.
- In 2012 Jagdish co-founded a Professional Employment Organization (PEO). The firm works with different companies serving all of their employee needs, including benefits and training.
- In 2010 Dr. Kulkarni authored a book titled, “Invisible Woman” to empower a woman to rediscover her inner self through the realization of her personal mystique, power, and vibrancy. This book is written under the auspices of Non Profit organization, “Jay’s Legacy, Inc.”
In addition to all his above Business Entities:
- He served on the Board of Trustees of Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio.
- He served on the Board of Trustees of Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana, Foundation.
- He served on the Board of private-public venture capital company in northeast Ohio, (Jumpstart).
- He has served in the past on the Board of Trustees at Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indiana Children’s Trust Fund, and International School of Indianapolis.
“What will define this community isn’t just the authentic quality of our homes, our exceptional amenities, or even our wonderful location; it’s the warmth and companionship of our people. With the activities we’re planning and the services we’re offering, our residents will be more than neighbors. They’ll be friends who together enjoy life’s pleasures and support each other through its challenges.”
Paul Stefan: Paul has been the CEO and/or owner of a number of ventures including a real estate development company, a high-end residential General Contractor and a S.E Asia focused international marketing company that focused on construction materials for process industries.
His expertise includes: strategic planning; financial management; banking relationships; improving operational processes; legal/contracts; negotiations; corporate governance and structure; succession planning; implementing meaningful reporting systems and creating a positive culture based on performance and accountability.
As CEO and minority owner of a large San Francisco Bay area high-end residential general contractor for 8 years, Paul totally revamped the operational processes, instituted a strategic plan that resulted in doubling gross margins and revenues tripling over that period. He implemented a unique strategic pricing option that became a standard for the company as well as negotiated all major contracts. At its peak, the company exceeded $30MM in revenues for 5 years.
Mark is a very experienced single-family home construction manager working for M/I homes as a General Superintendent supervising the construction of 130 homes. Also, managed for M/I construction – another development for homes in the $350-550K price range. Supervised all subcontractors, budgets, schedules, QC and all facets of construction. Mark is particularly focused on quality control, safety and delivering an exceptional home to the buyer. He has also managed projects for Doster Construction, AECOM/KSC – very complicated projects including the Mars Science Lab and the Shape Life Science Labs Renovation.
He is MOT Certified; ISO 9001 Certified and CPR/First Aid Certified.